Monday, July 22, 2013

Weekend Fun!

Friday evening, I was curled up in my rocking recliner, watching Hell's Kitchen. Glass of wine in hand, Kaylee finally asleep.... And it occurred to me... We should have a party tomorrow!I texted a couple people, had great feedback on the idea and Voila! A party was in the works!

I have been dying for Jordon to let me have a real fire in the backyard with our neighbour Scott's little fire bowl. He hates the idea because this is the first year the dogs have had the dog run, and not had full use of the yard and our grass looks awesome! Needless to say he succumbed to his pleading wife and agreed to a fire.
Saturday the little lady and I got up, cleaned the house, did some grocery shopping and then came home for party prep!
Party waiting to happen!
We started off making just a couple jello shooters... Like 100... And as Kaylee mixed it, she asked "Mommy is allll this jelly for me?!?!". "Umm, Mommy will make you special jelly baby, these are for all the big people"... We then pulled out the party platter and shot glasses, a little bit of booze and red solo cups. No party is ever complete without red solo cups!
Once all of that was done, Kaylee and I headed to the backyard for some much needed play time!She played in her pool, chased the dogs and we kicked the soccer ball around. I was adamant about making sure she was realllllllly tired before I proceeded to have a bunch of friends over for cocktails!
I gave Kaylee a bath, read a couple stories and she was down for the count.

Yeeeeee! A fire!!!
We had about 8-10 people who said they would come. I knew everything was done and now it was just time to have some fun. I pulled up a chair outside and waited for the company to arrive. Tick tock... Tick Tock... Suddenly I remember thinking "holy crap its 8:30.... no one is coming....". How brutal is that... The moment of panic when you think, I planned this last minute and was hoping for a little fun and now I am sitting here having a beer by myself waiting... and then having another beer and waiting.... At one point Jordon came outside and said "one hell of a party you have here Jaym" and burst out laughing. Jerk. Teehee.

Just when I thought we were going to have a party for 2, people started showing up. I lit the fire and the fun began! The amount of shooters consumed is not even fit to write down. That being said, I don't think anyone can say they did not have a good time! We laughed, and danced and stayed up way too late!

Great friends and fun!
For some strange reason, you seem to forget at the moment of music and dancing and laughing and drinking, that 6:30am when your little one walks in the room requesting breakfast, that you are getting old!

My body ached, my head ached and my stomach was angry at me. Needless to say, I gave the hubs a free pass and got up with my little monkey! She is such a happy little camper in the mornings. She ate some breakfast while watching yet another episode of Dora while I began to tackle the bomb that exploded in and outside my house. The party spent most of its hours outside around the fire, at some point I made a tray of cheese, crackers, dips, kabassa and spicy peperoni, along with some salty chips, so everyone migrated to the kitchen. At that point we herded down to the bar in the basement so we didn't wake Kaylee.
Check out these pretty ladies!
 So, the mess started outside and worked its way right through my house. Ughhhh, I hate a messy house!!!!!!! I made quick work of it though, so I could get Kaylee out for some fun!

We leashed up the pups, put on her helmet and took a little bike ride over to the park. My old feeling, hung over butt, sat on the hill while the dogs chased each other and Kaylee chased them. Burning their abundance of energy while I soaked up some vitamin D.

Kaylee beckoned for me and I went as I usually do. She wanted to walk through the "forest" also know as the small patch of trees beside the field. We headed in and Kaylee screamed. Like.... top of her lungs scream. I looked at her and saw a horse fly on her leg! I swatted it away but it was too late. I swear it took a whole hunk out of her leg. Her scream also had my boxer barrelling towards us to check on her. He licked her until she stopped crying and had to stand up and yell at him to stop. *insert huge grin here*. That little relationship is pretty special.

Freezie break!
Needless to say, our Sunday afternoon was pretty low key. Supper was early and then it was a movie in bed because Momma was wiped. Hard to believe I used to be able to stay up so late so often a few years ago. Although sleeping in used to be an option as well.

So tonight is spin class! I have to apologize to my body for kicking its ass this weekend.And not in the good ass kicking way... This morning I was craving some breakfast. Here's what was on my menu! Mmmm.

I hope everyone has a Mischievous Monday!!!
"Aren't I cute Mom? I am just waiting for a some dirt to play in... :) "

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a fun weekend. Crazy how late nights come at a much high price when you get a little older. ---Christopher